A study on turmeric was conducted with 109 patients with osteoarthritis of the knee. The clinical trial was published in the journal, Alternative and Complementary Medicine.
To conduct the trial, some patients were given 800mg of ibuprofen while others received 2000mg of turmeric a day for six weeks. They tracked their pain while doing different activities, including walking and stair climbing.
The patients that took the Turmeric yielded better results. They showed greater performance and claimed they had a higher level of satisfaction then that of the ibuprofen group.
While Turmeric has been known as a safe and natural pain killer for centuries, Ibuprofen has been found to be very damaging. Turmeric contains polyphenol which has been shown to have over 600 health benefits. “The Lancet review has found ibuprofen to be as toxic to the heart as Vioxx, a banned anti-inflammatory drug that caused thousands of deaths from cardiovascular diseases.” Turmeric is also very affordable and according to this study, it is definitely the better choice when it comes to remedying what ails you.
- Antiseptic and antibacterial properties, is useful for disinfecting wounds and burns
- Excellent in the prevention of prostate cancer, on the existing cancer prevents further development
- Prevents the growth of breast cancer
- Natural prevention of melanoma: on the existing location it kills cancer cells and prevents further development
- Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia
- Cleanse the liver naturally
- May slow or prevent the development of Alzheimer’s disease (destroys accumulated amyloidosis in the brain)
- Prevents the growth of metastases in many cancers
- Natural remedy against pain
- Regulates metabolism and helps to lose weight
- In China is used as a cure for depression
- Cure arthritis and Reumah
- Protects against cancer of the thyroid gland
- Helps in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin diseases.
- Accelerates wound healing and quickly restores the injured skin
So now you know, the next time you have a headache, or any of the other ailments listed above, just head over to your spice rack and grab some Turmeric. Make sure you stay stocked up!